The new generation of Haas turning centers specialize in being extremely rigid, highly accurate and very thermally stable and our new Haas turning center, added to our equipment lineup at the end of last year, has proven to be a great addition to the floor. We are thrilled about the new capabilities this larger machine has brought to our shop and the expanded production options this offers our customers.
The addition of the Haas DS-30Y improves our CNC Turning capabilities with dual spindles, computer automated part transfer and live tooling to handle complex designs on both faces of the part in one operation. Combined, these added functions provide quicker lead times and greater precision on large runs of complex parts.
What features does this new machine offer and what does it mean for your precision machined parts?
- 5-CUTTING AXES (X1, Z1, Y1, C1, C2) – 5-axis turning for drilling and milling operations completes complex parts from start to finish with one setup.
- 2 Spindles – By introducing a secondary spindle to a single machining process, a part can be machined on both faces within the same operation. The machine automatically transfers the part from one chuck to the other for the second set of operations, removing the need for manual reconfiguration.
- 2-5/8” Bar Capacity
- C-Axis Cutting allows the second spindle to create another axis for cutting around the Z Axis, allowing for increased complexity
- Y-Axis Turning allows for tapping, drilling, deburring in one setup for a turned, milled and finished piece in one go.
- BMT65 Turret offers higher rigidity and improved cutting performance with its simplified design and mounting structure
- With 12 Live Tooling Stations to provide secondary milling, drilling and slotting and tapping on the face and around the diameter of the part.See these BMT65 Turret and Live Tooling features in action here.
- HAAS Bar Feeder – designed and built to work perfectly with Haas CNC Turning Centers for maximum performance and control.
See the Haas DS-30Y in Action:
Combined, these features eliminate inaccuracies in complex part production and increase efficiency – making it easier for us to produce your more detailed designs and providing parts that are produced better, faster and delivered to you with shorter lead times.